Part of the Villa D'Este estate, the building we are staying in dates from 1856. Built as part of the works undertaken by then owner Baron Ippolito Ciani who purchased the estate in 1834. He named the new building after Caroline of Brunswick who married the future King George IV. She purchased and lived at the estate on the shores of Lake Como for five years from 1814.
So, we have a double corner room on the second floor of the Queen's Pavillion. It really is a beautiful spot with a balcony and view across the length of the estate and lakes edge in one direction, and a private terrace and view of the hill across to the far side of the lake from the other direction.
Furnishings are simple, yet elegant with a bank of built in wardrobes, French doors on both sides, marble ensuite and fresh flowers. Perfect.