Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tour guide

The Moët tour guide was definitely the most entertaining.  Unfortunately, while a seemingly lovely lady, our guides Japanese origin meant that she spoke English with a thick accent.  Think a mixture of Peter Sellers as Inspector Clouseau and Mickey Rooney in his role in Breakfast at Tiffany's. Well, that was enough for me....so by the time I attuned to her way of speaking, then twigged that she had trouble with some words I was a goner.  I know it sounds rude, but it was so funny I had trouble concentrating on what she was saying. Translation as below: Aroma - "aloma" Concentrated - "concentuated" Yeast - "east" Non vintage (no years) - "no ears" .....all spoken with an incredibly fluid mouth movement. Well, the visual in my head of dancing bottles of champagne with ears, or without, was too much to picture.  I totally lost it and again had tears of laughter. 20.10.12

No comments:

Post a Comment