Sunday, October 14, 2012

Manly

Surprise for the afternoon was a ferry ride out to Manly.  I have been to Bondi previously, but never Manly, so it was fun.  We had lunch at Garfish which was a bonus.  I remember once as a kid my Uncle Ron took Darren and I night fishing.  We  towed a rubber ring with a platform attached and trawled a torch through the water so we could see the fish.  I recall we saw Garfish.  This memory is still one I love. Lunch was wonderful.  Wood fired barramundi with mash and English spinach.  Very rich.  A glass or two of wine, sitting overlooking the water at Manly.  We then walked a couple blocks over to the Manly surf beach.  Lifesavers and bikini babes both on view making me feel right at home. Another market to trawl through, making the fourth for the day.  Paddington Markets, Sydney Noodle Markets, a fresh food market and Manly Markets.  I didn't buy a thing.  Has to be some sort of record for me. The lure of shopping in Paris is strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment