Friday, October 26, 2012

Gypsies....again.

Whilst we haven't seen many gypsies here, the Africans selling rip off bags are out in numbers.  To be fair, if you come across them in the back streets they seem to leave you alone, but of you see them in the tourist areas they hassle you to buy a bag.  They must have a series of lookouts as every now and then, they collect their bags over their arms, and disappear for a while, reappearing in another location and continually staying on the move. You would have to be made to buy a rip off designer bag from them.  Other than the fact that I would rather wait until I can afford the real thing - could be waiting a while - I saw a sign at Charles de Gaulle airport that said the fine for being caught with fake designer goods (Rolex, Louis Vuitton) was up to  €300 000 and 3 years imprisonment.  At least that's what I think it said, being written in French I am not 100% sure, but it scared me enough to err on the side of caution! 24.10.2012

No comments:

Post a Comment