Sunday, September 16, 2012

Jessie and Lily

There are two sheep on the farm that were hand raised in previous years.  These girls have become firm favorites as they are more prepared to let you approach them.    Jessie is a Black faced Suffolk, enjoys a chat and will take hay from my hand. Lily is a Merino, Border Leicester cross and the proud  mum of Roger....my first baby lamb named in honor of a little red headed kid I went yo school with in Grade 3.  Lily's son has little flecks of orange on his legs, most visible when he bends down to suckle.  Because Lily is so calm around people, Roger too is learning to tolerate my being nearby, poking a camera in his direction and making little noises as I encourage him to look my way.  Needless to say, there are a few photos of Lily and Roger in my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment