Thursday, September 9, 2010

MAANZ Dog


It amazes me how mosaic still provides a challenge at the most unexpected times. The QLD members of MAANZ got together recently for a mosaic working bee - the challenge being to create a piece 15cm square for contribution to the sign for the forthcoming exhibition at Percolator Gallery. Not only, was the method of working different to my usual style, but I was really out of my comfort zone once I realised that I had prepared my work surface omitting to include a drawing to follow. So, no comfort zone and flying blind....not my usual style....but with the support and shared laughter of friends this is the outcome of my efforts on the day. Brownie points for those of you who can guess what this little dog started out as! Hope you enjoy it!
Don't forget to call in at Percolator on La Trobe Terrace Paddington between 6 and 17 October.

No comments:

Post a Comment